Saturday 24 January 2015

Walking and strolling

We have been very good with our walking and strolling, my GKB and I.
Sometimes we stroll along the Silverstream and have views like this to look at.


This was along the 'left bank'. 
When you get to the end of our street and go onto the floodbank 
you can turn either left or right. 
One side is flanked by the Silverstream and farmland and in the case of the 'left bank', 
it is farmland on both sides.
If you turn right it is private dwellings on one side, 
most of them have lovely gardens to admire, 
and the Silverstream and farms on the other.


It is a shared space, 
cyclists, joggers, walkers and dogs with their humans.
It's never boring.
We met a dog with her man a couple of days ago,
she takes him out at 1:30pm every day
 regardless of the weather, so he said.
I meant to get a picture of them but got so busy talking I forgot.
Oh well..


Sometimes, like today, we head for a park. 
I wanted to go to the library before we head up to the caravan 
so we took a walk around the gardens at the adjacent park.
They are dressed in their mid summer frocks at the moment
and are rather pretty.

House sparrow.
 I believe he is a male, as the males wear a bib on their chest.

We had a bit of a sit before we headed home again
and this little fellow came looking for crumbs.
He had a few mates with him but I'm afraid we disappointed them all
 because we hadn't really thought about feeding the birds.
Maybe next time we'll be better prepared!


We are off to the caravan in a couple of days,
so until we get back look after yourselves.
Have a good week everyone,
Diana 

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet little sparrow so different from ours. I like his little bib.
    Have a fun few days in the caravan.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great places to walk and glad to hear you are enjoying your walks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little Sparrow is simply lovely! I enjoy watching birds and seeing pictures of them.

    I am so glad your walking is going well - it looks like you are surrounded by a lot of beauty. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, I'm so glad you stopped by and commented on my blog. I am your newest follower! I look forward to getting to know you and your beautiful life in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Diana; So happy for your wonderful walk with your husband and great you can share the time with us♡♡♡ The sparrow looks so lovely, we can see the with the different color ones but they rarely stay long for pictures, haha. Smiled to read you disappointed him p;-)

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you