Saturday 16 March 2013

St. Paddy's Day



I remember as a child quite a fuss 
being made about St Patrick's Day.
Especially about wearing something green.


Grandad especially used to have us on about it,
 just in a joking sort of way.
Maybe it's because we lived in what I always
 think of as the catholic part of town.
There was always a St Patrick's Day concert in 
the evening in the school hall which was just down the road,
 alongside the schools, the church,
 the convent and the Marist brothers.


We were one of three protestant families in the street 
but no-one cared, least of all the kids.
So tomorrow I will wear a little piece o' green...
and remember St Patrick, and  my Grandad...
 and think a little of my childhood days.


A happy St. Paddy's Day to you all.
Diana

7 comments:

  1. Yes, please wear your 'green' in honor of St. Patrick's day. It really doesn't matter if you're Catholic or Protestant or even if you're Irish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have a wee bit of the Irish in me! Lovely post and thanks for popping in to see e.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, thanks for your visit and follow. I am following right back. Cute name for your blog. Happy St. Paddy's Day to you! I always wear a little green the day, and I am not Irish. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't remember to wear green ; I had forgotten until I got to church. I also forgot to put the corned beef in the crockpot this morning. We like having corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. So when we got home I put it in the crock and we just will eat it a bit later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Diana,
    Oh, you actually have a sweet memories for this day, my friend♡♡♡ I personally don't have much memories with my grandparents as we live a bit far.
    To tell the truth, I never knew about St. Patrick's Day until I've heard in my friend's blog(^^;) I wonder how you dressed yesterday.

    I hope you all are having a wonderful new week.
    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your St Paddy's day :))
    I love your new header picture. What a lovely peaceful setting.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you