Monday 3 September 2012

The bird has flown

Yes the big silver bird has flown...and taken number one son with it. But he is reunited with his lovely wife who didn't come over with him. The flight was delayed in leaving by an hour and a half because of a medical emergency in the Pacific but they got away eventually. He had to start work the day after getting home so I hope he was able to sleep on the fight. I know I don't sleep when I am travelling so I try to travel during the day and sleep in a (stationary) bed at night.
 
It was a liesurely holiday, real kiwi style. He arrived, sat down and got up again when it was time to leave.
Well not really but we didn't do much.
 
Soccer with middle grandson
 
Watched the grands play sports. Ours is the blondie.
 
Netball with youngest grand-daughter (WD)
Youngest grand-daughter is growing fast, I keep telling her to stop, she is now taller than me, but she just laughs.  I'm not used to the girls in the family being taller than me, only the blokes.
 
coffee after the soccer
We took my little mother out for lunch one day and and another day just went out as a family, i.e. just me, my GKB and our 3 kids and ate lunch at a pub. Great. We followed that by going up to eldest daughters home for coffee.
 
Dad, Mum and the kids
 
The weather behaved, and has just packed up today, so that was a bonus seeing as it was the end of winter while he was here. As you can see, my GKB was in shirt sleeves so the temps were pretty good, we were able to sit outside in the sun a few times and chat and drink even more coffee - oh dear  :)
 
And of course he caught up with friends and other family members as well.
 
 
Well that's it for another few days.
Have a wonderful week .
 
Diana

7 comments:

  1. Time with our loves is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A PURRRRRFECT visit, I would say!!! :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good visit. That's so great. Was reading some of your past blogs today and just realized that you live in New Zealand. New Zealand and Australia used to be places on my 'bucket list'. Now that we're retired, we've had to amend it a bit. But now I can visit virtually! Aren't blogs wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Diana, my friend in New Zealand,
    What a happy grandmother you are♡♡♡ Wonderful time with your family!
    I wondered about the title at first, he has back to Japan!!! I could see the feeling you had.
    I smiled the part that "I'm not used to the girls in the family being taller than me". I am a very tiny woman, p;)

    I hope you are gong to have wonderful spring; it is still really hot hrer in Japan.
    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana! Oh, how cute watching your grands play their sports! I know your visit was just wonderful. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you really enjoyed your son's visit. I never sleep when travelling either, I don't envy your son going straight back to work after the flight. Hope he managed ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always such a blessing to be with the kids!! a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you