Sunday 8 January 2012

pretty flowers and a snowman

Aren't my flowers pretty? My sister in law picked them for me from her garden just before Christmas and I have just thrown the last of them out this week.



And I have been sooooo gooooood. My Christmas stuff is all packed away for the year. The tree is back in its box and the bins of decorations are back in the man cave somewhere - I leave the putting away of the bins and tree up to my GKB.
 Friday 6th being twelfth night I thought I should make an effort and do it. So after breakfast and doing a little bit of essential housework I got stuck in, and you know what? I enjoyed it! When my GKB arrived home I was on a roll and hadn't even stopped for a coffee. Mind you, these days he gets home in time for a late lunch, so it isn't as bad as it sounds. I packed everything up and then decided I might as well clean the whole room while I was moving furniture about so everything is dusted and polished and shiny and bright. My GKB even luxed (vacuumed, hoovered) the floors for me cos he knows that is the one job I really hate doing.


I do have one Christmas thingy still out though and that is because my little grandboys haven't discovered what it is yet. I think with everyone being outside on Christmas Day they just didn't see it.
The snowman covers a lolly container and is currently filled with mini packets of gummi bears.
 I have had it for years. My own kids loved when it came out but the 2 grandboys haven't had enough Christmases here yet to have discovered what it is - we have turns at hosting on Christmas Day. They will be back from holiday at the end of the week though.

Well my bed is calling so I am going to say goodnight to you all.
Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those flowers are totally gorgeous!! And your blog header is divine--I adore all those blossoms. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice assortment of flowers; it is such a blessing to have some to pick!! Right now we don't have much growing here--some camellias and pansies and that is about it. It will be in the 20's F. this night but up in the 6o's in the day. Later this week it is supposed to be in the 70's F in the day!! It has been a very strange winter here in South Carolina! Nice to have help with the vacuuming!!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you